Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Day

One of the few holidays we can celebrate at my center is Valentine's Day. So I really wanted to go all out. I found this project picture on pinterest. There's no website that it's linked to so I don't know where it came from, but I loved the idea. It was pinned for Mother's Day, but I figured it would be something fun and different to do for Valentine's Day instead of a typical heart. I can't wait to watch the kids handing them to their parents at our Valentine's Day party. Here's one of the completed projects:



We did make some hearts to make our banner. I will add some pictures of those once we put them up for the party. I had the kids dip heart and bow shaped cookie cutters in red paint and place them on different pink and purple papers. They had fun getting covered in paint. I cut the individual hearts out and put a hole in them to string them with yarn. Each heart is different, so the banners are really unique. They're also colorful and I'm sure they will look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment