Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sticky Wall

So this idea came from Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds. I loved the idea of doing a sticky wall, so I used some black contact paper and taped it to the wall. At first the kids loved just touching it and sticking their hands to it, but then I brought out feathers, some bumpy coasters we had, and felt shapes. They had such a great time with this one and continue to play with it now. I replace the contact paper about once a week or whenever I notice that it's not quite as sticky anymore. The kids also had a fun time when I made a sticky floor for them one day. I just taped a 4 or 5 foot strip of contact paper sticky side up to the floor. They loved walking across and leaving prints from their shoes. What I didn't expect was the sound. It was LOUD every time they stepped on it and of course they loved that aspect of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment